Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Evening Walk

After a day of work, I love to unwind by taking a walk. One of my favorite walks leads to a small beach only 3/4's of a mile from the Tidewater. I take an immediate left out of the hotel onto Baxter Avenue which borders the west side of our property. At the end of Baxter is a small beach which seems like paradise after being on Route 28. I have been there during the day when it is crowded with people, but my favorite time is at dusk. Usually at this time I have the beach to myself, and if I time it right, I can watch the sunset over Hyannis Harbor. Yesterday was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have seen, with the brilliant orange reflecting on the water! I can walk across the beach and if the tide is low I can walk back onto the road and walk to Hyannis.

This is a wonderful way to end the day when I can fit it in. Just looking at the water makes the stress of the day melt away. If you visit the Tidewater, ask and we will direct you to the short or long version of the walk.

Voula

No comments:

Post a Comment