Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Winter Again

On Monday it felt as if spring had arrived on the Cape. All the snow had melted and it was sunny and in the mid 50's. I went for a short walk to the beach and on my return was itching to start gardening. But I knew it was a "false" spring, just a tease. Yesterday, winter arrived again and it snowed all day and through most of the night. I woke to a winter wonderland. It was beautiful, but I still prefer spring.

Today has warmed up and the snow is starting to melt. This weekend will be in the high 40's, so maybe it will disappear. I didn't feel this strongly about winter when I lived in the mountainous Berkshires which had many ski resorts nearby, but being on the Cape and close to the ocean, winter is more of a nuisance to me.

We are getting ready for February School Vacation at the Tidewater. The Museum of Natural History and Museum of Art are offering special events for families. The Mass Audubon Center in Wellfleet is also offering nature events. I'll give more details tomorrow on other child-oriented activities.

Voula

No comments:

Post a Comment