Friday, February 6, 2009

Affordable Getaway

Talking to my guests and potential guests and discussing what the Cape has to offer is what I enjoy most about my job. During the off season when we all wear many hats to save on payroll costs, I spend much of my time answering reservation telephone calls. A few days ago I spoke to a mother who told me her family needed a break from this messy winter and was thinking about coming to the Cape. She originally had thought of going North to the ski slopes but the costs were way too steep for her budget. She saw our ad in her local paper with our special rates for school vacation week and was surprised at how affordable it was.

She said that she had never thought of coming to the Cape in the winter and with our indoor heated pool it would be a great place to relax and entertain the kids at the same time. That was exactly the message I was trying to send and this mother said it better than I could. While this is peak season at the ski resorts, it is off season on the Cape and the Cape is a wonderful value. While we are in the business to make money, it's also good to see that by offering reasonable rates, some families that would not be able to go on vacation are able to get away for a few days of relaxation and quality time with the kids.

If your budget is limited, perhaps you can still get away from the routine for a day or two and ejoy the Cape off season. The Tidewater is still offering the special of $59.99 midweek and $69.99 on weekends.

Voula

No comments:

Post a Comment