Sunday, December 20, 2009

Blizzard on Cape Cod

What a storm! We've been lucky my last three winters on the Cape with virtually no snow, so when I heard the forecast of snow with blizzard conditions, I thought "they're going to be wrong again".  Boy was I wrong.  Woke up this morning to see that everything was white! I couldn't even see out the window from all the snow plastered on the window panes. When I tried to shovel the front walkway, I nearly got blown away.  As soon as I shoveled, the snow blew right back. 

We had someone scheduled to plow the parking lot,  but due to the blizzard conditions, one of their trucks go stuck and one was down, so we didn't get plowed out until 1PM.  Since our guests were stranded here, we opened Helen's Diner so that they could have a hearty breakfast.  Everyone was happy to fill their bellies! One customer even helped us to shovel. What an adventure.  I'm definitely not a winter person and after this experience, I yearn for spring, summer, or fall even more. This is what we have to put up with to enjoy the beauty of New England seasons. I do have to admit, seeing everything covered with snow in the morning was a beautiful sight.  If only we didn't have to deal with the problems snow causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment