Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ice Cream

I love ice cream and my favorite ice cream shop, The Cape Cod Creamery, is open for the season. The opening of seasonal restaurants and attractions marks the beginning of summer for me. Nothing spells spring and summer better than ice cream. At the Creamery, the ice cream is made on the premises and is delicious. Its bright and cheerful blue umbrellas and yellow Adirondack chairs stand out on Route 28 in South Yarmouth. In the summer all the chairs and picnic tables are full as the line weaves to the parking lot. Amazingly the lines move very fast.

The flavors are named after Cape Cod towns and are very creative. The best part is the taste...rich and creamy. My favorite is Provincetown Pistachio which is a creamy color (no green food coloring)and chock full of nuts. Every time I go I resolve to try a new flavor, but the pistachio always beckons me. Next time you're on the Cape take a trip to the Cape Cod Creamery and relax in their comfortable chairs as you enjoy the rich taste of real ice cream.

Voula

1 comment:

  1. After you try the GREAT ice cream at Cape Cod Creamery, take a trip down Route 28 to the Mashpee/Barnstable Town Line to a quaint little parlour - Polar Cave Ice Cream - for Quite Posibly the Best Ice Cream you ever tasted. Many have found this shop and will go nowhere else for their treats.

    ReplyDelete