Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Garden Show in Hyannis

Gardening is one of my favorite pastimes and forms of relaxation. With the cold spring we've had so far, it seems as if we'll never be able to plant our annuals, but it's just around the corner. I've already started cleaning the flower beds and preparing new ones in my house and planting yellow and purple pansies in planters for some early color.

My sister, Helen, is also a gardener and volunteers her time to plant the many flower beds and planters at the Tidewater. She will be starting the early plantings of pansies this weekend. In the summertime, my husband and I often bring our dinner to the patio outside the breakfast diner, Helen's Diner,which overlooks the picnic area and Mill Creek. The flower bed around the patio is alive with color and birds who come to visit. Last summer we had the pleasure of seeing many hummingbirds.

This weekend, April 4th, is the perfect time for the Garden Show at the Resort and Conference Center in Hyannis. It's a great place to get motivated, get new ideas and mingle with other gardeners. It's only a matter of time before we can "play in the dirt" again.

Voula

No comments:

Post a Comment