Sunday, February 3, 2008

What a Weekend!

I'm always trying to think of something of interest for our visitors to the Cape but this weekend all I could think of was "how can you beat this!" Last Sunday we had an almost blizzard on the Cape. I was driving on Route 6 with virtually no visibility, wind, and cars sliding on the highway. What a mess! I thought that winter had set in for good.

One week later, the snow is gone and Saturday and Sunday were sunny and absolutely beautiful - almost springlike. I woke up Sunday determined to take advantage of the mild day so I took off on a long walk. I took a left out of the hotel and onto Baxter Street which borders the hotel. Within ten minutes I was walking on a lovely beach at the bottom of Baxter. Beaches are so peaceful off season...just me and the seagulls and a few ducks. From there I followed the road that hugged the shore and walked to Hyannis Harbor and onto Main Street.

When the unseasonably warm weather arrives, I alway fool myself into thinking that spring is just around the corner. Hopefully, but probably not in New England. However, the Cape is considerably more mild in the winter. So those of you that only think of the Cape in the Summer, come off-season when you can enjoy the peace and the lower prices.

Voula

No comments:

Post a Comment