Saturday, February 9, 2008

Banana Bread Recipe

Along with gardening and reading, I love to cook. Running the hotel doesn't leave me much free time for creative cooking so I now stick to some basic proven recipes that are easy to make, but delicious also. Years ago, when my children attended Montessori Academy in Mobile, Alabama, I worked there as an assistant teacher. Everyday, we made a healthy snack for the children and one of the favorites was this banana bread. That was over 20 years ago and I still make it for my family and my daughters have also borrowed the recipe. I've tried many other banana bread recipes, but always come back to this one.

Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter, soft
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 overripe large bananas
(about 1 1/2 cups,mashed}
chopped nuts are optional

Beat butter with sugar. Add eggs and beat again. Add all dry ingredients and bananas and mix. I love nuts so I add quite a few. Bake in 9X9 pan or in muffin tins. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Less time for muffins of course. In order to make them more healthy, I've used whole wheat flour, raw sugar, and I've cut the amount of butter in half. Still taste great! Taste great warm out of the oven.

Voula

No comments:

Post a Comment