Saturday, March 14, 2009

Nantucket Daffodil Festival

Nantucket Daffodil Festival is one of my favorite Spring events on Cape. This year it falls on the weekend of April 21st. Being a gardner, I love to see the endless display of daffodils everywhere you turn. Makes me thing of Longfellow's poem that I had to memorize in school with daffodils "beside the lake, beneath the trees, fluttering and dancing in the breeze". I think that daffodils are one of my favorite flowers for their color is so vibrant after a long, drab winter. I know that summer is just around the corner!

After a long hard winter on the island, the island is alive with color and daffodils. This display of vibrant color will brighten your day. The island sponsors events and activities all weekend which are free to the public. The highlight is the Antique and Classic Car Parade where cars and passengers are decked in daffodils. There is also a tailgate picnic and musical entertainment among other activities.

For more information visit the website for the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce at . Since this is usually a sell out weekend on the island and the rates are rather high, we'd love to have you stay at the Tidewater and enjoy our special rate of $69.99. The ferry to Nantucket is only 5 minutes away!

Voula

No comments:

Post a Comment