Thursday, October 30, 2008

Plymouth

My husband and I just purchased a home in Plymouth, where we will be residing when I am not on property at the Tidewater. After traveling back and forth several times a week to clean and prepare our home before we move, I've come to realize that Plymouth is actually closer than many towns on the Cape. Before the Cape Cod Canal, Plymouth was actually considered part of the Cape.

For visitors to the Cape, Plymouth only half an hour away, makes for a wonderful day trip or a stop on the way to or from the Cape. Of course, everyone knows about Plymouth Plantation, which is a step back in time to see how the Pilgrims lived, but there is much more to Plymouth. I enjoy visiting downtown Plymouth and the waterfront with its many shops, restaurants, attractions and snack bars. It's a great place to walk around, sit on a bench and watch the boats, visit Pilgrim museum, Plymouth Rock and, of course, one of my favorite activities, people watching.

While I'll be spending most of my time at the Tidewater, where I presently live, tending to the hotel and customers' needs, I'll now have a peaceful retreat away from work and a lovely town to explore. Living where I work definitely has its advantages, but there's one negative: there's never getting away from work! Hope to see you in Plymouth!

Voula

No comments:

Post a Comment