Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ice Cream

Summer is synonymous with ice cream and I haven't found better ice cream than on the Cape. About 3 miles from the Tidewater on Route 28 in South Yarmouth is my favorite ice cream shop, Cape Cod Creamery. You can't miss it with its bright yellow and blue Adirondack chairs and umbrellas, lining the front of the colorful shop. On a hot summer day there are usually long lines weaving around the building, but it's well worth the wait.

All the flavors are named after Cape Cod localities and have such picturesque names as Sandyneck Snickers, Bass River Blackberry, Cappaquiddick Chocolate Chip...and are all homemade on the premises. I have a sweet tooth and especially love ice cream,so my husband and I are one of their most frequent visitors. My favorite is Provincetown Pistachio.

Voula

No comments:

Post a Comment